Charter Renewal for Packs, Troops, Teams, Crews, and Ships
A representative of each unit can complete the paperwork for renewing a charter online. From Internet Rechartering, you can indicate returning members, add new members, and update information for an individual or the chartered organization.
How to Use:
Anyone who wants to learn more about how Internet Rechartering works can take the interactive Internet Rechartering tutorial below.
To renew a charter online:
1. By October, select an adult to be the renewal processor for Internet Rechartering. UNITS SHOULD NOT BEGIN WORKING ON THEIR RECHARTER UNTIL 60 DAYS PRIOR TO THE RECHARTER DATE.
One important thing to note: Every unit in the council recharters in January for12 Month fees:
- Registration: $24.00 per person
- Boys' Life: $12.00 per person
- Accident Insurance: $1.00 per person
2. During the month of October we recommend the renewal processor collect all recharter information including new youth and adult applications (with signatures). Also the renewal processor should go through the tutorial website by clicking on the button above. Units will receive their unit access code at this roundtable.
3. 60 to 45 days before January 31, the renewal processor should finish gathering recharter materials come back to this page and click the RECHARTER NOW button above to begin the process.
4. Select First-Time User or Returning User and enter the unit access code.
5. Select the unit type and enter the unit number.
6. Create or enter a password as instructed.
7. Complete the information requested on each screen. You can stop at any time, log off the system, and begin again where you left off by reentering your access code and password.
8. When you’ve completed all the information to recharter the unit, and before you click “Submit to Council” you should click “Roster Review”. A printed copy of the charter renewal application should be reviewed before submitting the information to the council.
Here’s how to wrap it up:
9. After you are satisfied with the review, click the Submit button.
10. Print the Unit Charter Renewal Report Package, which includes the charter renewal application and lists of new members, transfers, multiples, and no-fee adults. Acquire the appropriate signatures on the application, and then take the entire packet along with new applications and fee payments to the council office or to the district turn-in meeting.
Note: Effective 8/10/15 we will not accept credit cards for membership registration fees. This includes fees for rechartering, Boys' Life and individual registration. We ask that you submit one check or money order for all recharter fees and not multiple checks from individuals within your unit. Thank you!